Official Documents For NYSC Orientation Camp Registration

Documents for NYSC orientation camp registration
NYSC orientation camp
After registration for National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and successful mobilization, prospective corps members will be informed when they will be going to orientation camp. It is necessary to prepare everything early enough before hand to avoid facing challenges. Mobilized prospective corps members will need to go to orientation camp with some requirements. Some are official while others are personal. This post will focus on official requirements.
Read Also: NYSC office Address and phone number

Official Document

These documents are compulsory to be submitted at the orientation ground. Failure to come along with them can prevent one from serving with that batch. They include;

Green Card

This is a document that you print out in your NYSC dashboard. It comes out about 2-5 days from the day of registration. It is a proof of successful online registration with the programme. It contains your call-up number and other registration details. The call-up number contains details of the year you register for the programme, school you graduated from, and your special number. It looks like NYSC/DSU/2019/123456. The green card must be printed in coloured and must not be laminated. Make about 2 copies.

Call-up Letter

This document is alo printed from your NYSC dashboard. You will be notified via email when to print it. Put your ears to the ground as you may not be notified. Always check your dashboard. It normally comes out some days after the end of online registration for that batch. It shows you the state orientation camp you are posted to. It also contains other details. Print two coloured copies and make about 2 extra copies. And do not laminate.

Medical Certificate

This certificate indicate your health status. It is compulsory and needed to register at orientation camp. There are two types of certificate. A candidate need one and not both. They are medical fitness certificate and medical report. Medical fitness certificate is a medical data that shows that the prospective corps member is healthy and fit for camp. On the other hand, medical report contains data that shows that the PCM is not healthy and medical fit to go to camp or participate in camp activities. All PCM need one original and about 2 copies.
Read Also: List of books NYSC give corps members

School Identification Card

Hope you have not out of excitement during induction thrown your school Identification card away. Now you need it. If you have misplaced your own, go back to your school and get it done. It will cost some money. If you attended a school that give yearly identification card, come with your last year or final year school Identification card. However, for school that give one card throughout, you can use that one. Make about 2 copies.

Statement/Notification Of Result/Certificate

If you have not gotten your certificate from your institution, you can use notification and or statement of result. It must contain your institution stamp, year of graduation, degree and other relevant information. Any forge copy will lead to arrest. If you present a certificate, you don't need a school identification card. Make about 2 copies.

Licence/Cover Letter

It is very difficult to process your licence before the orientation camp. Very few persons have done that and that is because they for one reason or the other delayed their service year. Because of the time constraints, the pharmacist council of Nigeria will provide a cover letter that will be address to the Director General of NYSC. Make about 2 copies.
Read AlsoNYSC online registration procedure

Passport Size Photograph

You must go along with passport. It should be as recent as possible. Red background will do. Make about 8 copies but I use 5.
You must go with the original of all these documents. It is possible to make copies at the orientation camp. However, if you consider the cost it is best to do it before going. Get a transparent water resistant file and securely keep your documents. And remember, documents are kept at owners risk. You may not exhaust the photocopy. I did not use some of the photocopy.
Share On Social Media With Family And Friends To Show You Care!

Comments

  1. Are documents such as LGA certificate, birth certificate and NIN required sir/ma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sir/ma. Another document you may need is your BVN required for bank opening

      Delete
  2. NYSC portal says passports must be in white or off-white background...yours is red.

    Pls correct that's dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The passport use in online registration is white or off-white. However, NYSC was not specific with the colour of the background use in camp.
      Anyway, thanks for your contribution

      Delete
  3. What are the needed documents for married women to report to camp with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need any other extra documents if you have already uploaded them during online registration. However, if you want to relocate or redeploy, kindly go with your marriage certificate. You will be required to submit it inside the camp for redeployment and relocation

      Delete
  4. What are the requirements for nursing mothers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If no marriage certificate, go with your baby or pregnancy bump. Speedily they will attend to you

      Delete
  5. Please they said we should take a cerebral meningitis vaccine before reporting to camp.....and I asked from people that went for Batch Stream 1 and they said they didn't.....and half dose is 15k so I don't know if someone didn't take they will know...thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are advised to take the vaccine. That did not make it a law. It is for your own safety die to prevalence of the virus. No official will query you for not taking it

      Delete
  6. Please can I use the medical certificate I did over a year ago in camp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The short answer is no. Medical certificate older than three months will not be accepted

      Delete
    2. Pls what document should a married woman who registered as single during d online registration go with?

      Delete
  7. Pls wat about someone who registered as single but later got married before the camp opening date....what document should she present?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Present marriage certificate with letter from your husband at the camp in the day of registration when you get to camp

      Delete
  8. On my nysc registration I wrote my place of birth but did not add the state will that be problem

    ReplyDelete
  9. My school Id card expired in 2016 and I'm going for service in 2021. Will that be a problem?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please my months of birth in my waec is different from my jamb ....will that be a problem in the camp for Nysc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You need to go to any firstbank branch closest to you and buy the number for correction of DOB on waec. This process may have change though. Ask around or call NYSC customer care number for more enquiry

      Delete
  11. Anonymous17 July, 2021

    My year of birth on my waec is different from that of jamb..... will it be a problem in camp.....if so how do I go about it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will be a problem. To to any first bank branch and get scratch card for change of DOB in WAEC. Use the card to correct your dob

    ReplyDelete
  13. My middle name on my waec is my first name on my jamb is it a problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but you can still correct it in NYSC portal through your dashboard

      Delete
  14. Please on my o level results there are 4 names while on my jamb it's only 3 that are there will it have any effect on me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please my date of birth year on my waec and on my jamb is different from my nysc during my registration, hope this will not be a problem?both my waec and my jamb birth carries 1992 but during nysc registration carry 1993

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get waec correction of date from any first bank branch for about 1000 naira to effect the change. Except you want the one of NYSC to stand. It may not affect you in NYSC but I can't be so sure with your employers

      Delete
  16. Please What kind of cloth should we put when coming to the camp??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything you are comfortable with. But you will change to the official clothes immediately you are given

      Delete
  17. Please I have been registered for this batch B stream 2,even my callup number as shown on my dashboard and I'm waiting for the callup letter to send to me but instead of this....what shown up now is that I have to wait for next batch. Hope this is not a problem?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please sir/ma till when next I will wait for now since I have registered for this batch B stream two but don't see callup letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always check your dashboard. It will be communicated to you there

      Delete
  19. I am a
    Foreign student, and I have a different age on my international passport and my WAEC, and I've uploaded this document already and I have been called up to serve, would it be an issue for me during camp registration?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can affidavit be used to backup wrong year of birth in weac certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please is waec certificate compulsory document to carry along to camp

    ReplyDelete
  22. My name is not on jamb matriculation list but I have registered for nysc. Will it be a problem for me at the camp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes because they will check that before allowing you into camp

      Delete
  23. Pls help oo, my waec certificate carry 19/05/1990 DOB, while my jamb regularization for Nysc carry 19/05/1992, And my state of origin and LG change too in my jamb what can i do? will there be problem for me during Camp? Pls help I beg..stream ll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get WAEC change of DOB pin from any first bank branch and visit the cafe to effect the change. However, you can effect most errors at NYSC camp

      Delete
  24. Hello google I have a problem that I will us to discuss privately. If you don't mind please WhatApp me on 08063912897 thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send a message to me through the contact me form

      Delete
  25. Please my husband wrote oluwafunmilayo in his domicile letter and my correct name is Funmilayo. Is that a problem.?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good afternoon, please as regards, getting immunized against cerebrospinal meningitis before reporting to camp, please is it compulsory, as I have already done my medical certificate and must I do it or it's just something they are advising us to do for safety?

    ReplyDelete
  27. DrugXpert, good evening, you keep telling people to visit Firstbank in order to have names or DOB corrected but this is not the case. To have biodata corrected, your school must write letters on your behalf and send to waec office in the state. And this correction attracts a cost of 10k and you'll have to wait for almost (over) a year before the change is effected. Though there's a caveat, waec result from 2017 below can have biodata corrected but from 2018 and above, it won't be considered for correction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pin from first bank can only be use to correct dob only and not biodata

      Delete
  28. Pls is covid19 vaccine composary before entry the camp

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, I can't find my O=level results. Will i be allowed on camp?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I laminated my original weac certificate will NYSC collect that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they will. Laminated documents use to be a problem in the last because scanners won't be able to scan the documents. But scanners have improved over the years

      Delete
  31. Please how do I correct my neco DOB?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you must have written waec before. Get change of dob form from any first bank branch

      Delete
  32. Please the name on my statement of result is Racheal, but my bvn carries Rachael, will it affect me in camp

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello,please do I have to write a leave letter before leaving camp as a married woman?because I have my marriage certificate,and what document do I have to be given to know I've been approved to leave camp? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be allowed to leave camp just because you are married. You can only be allowed if.you are pregnant

      Delete
  34. It will be bit you can correct that in your NYSC dashboard. That is the name that will appear on your NYSC certificate

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous13 July, 2022

    My next of Kins number is wrong
    Would that Affect me in camp

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please have your say

Consultation Service