Benefits Of Non Drug Products To The Community Pharmacy

Community pharmacy are in for business. They develop and design marketing strategies and models every now and then to see if there will be improve sales. All marketing strategies and models aim to achieve too main goals; to get new customers and to retain them. One key method that works to achieve both aims is always overlooked by many community pharmacy.
Read Also: Tips On How To Succeed In Community Pharmacy
The main business of every community pharmacy is to sell drugs both prescription only medicines (P.O.M) and over the counter (O.T.C) drugs.  There is no law that forbid community pharmacy from selling non drug products. But it will be unwise to sell non drug related products. To improve sales, you cannot just sell anything. There should some criteria for choosing non drug products which can improve sales.

Criteria For Choosing Non Drug Products

Each location have needs. It is business to solve those needs. Since one business cannot solve all the needs of a location, it is now left for the smart business to solve as much as possible problems in line with the business. Try to find out some add on some patients need in addition to their drugs. Those patients will be delighted to find all in one store where they can get their medical services. For example, a patient treating cold and flu symptoms experiencing running nose and cattarh will most likely be cleaning up with handkerchief which is a very common practice. A simple counsel on the risk of using that handkerchief and providing a better alternative solution such as tissue paper will please the patient. Allowing the patient leave the premise without the tissue paper may lead to non compliance because he or she may forget. The patient may not get well because of failure to adhere to lifestyle changes suggested. They may end up even blaming the drugs for not being active. They end up going to another place. If the next community pharmacy provide the drugs and the counsel together with the tissue paper at a cost, the patient will appreciate the job done. Though the tissue paper is not a drug but it is related to a particular ailment. Having the tissue paper would have help retain that customer.
Non drug products help retail or community pharmacy
Non drug products
It is not all the time you point out the benefit of some non drug products you have in the shop before customers can buy them. If your customers trust your brand, they will most likely buy them from you at any rate. It is important to display them in conspicuous places within the floor of the pharmacy. Rotate location to see what work best. You can't tell which person will buy.

Advantages Of Selling Non Drug Products

1. One of the advantage of selling non drug products is that it bring in new buyers and help retain old customers. Some first time customers may be told that a particular community pharmacy sells tissue paper. They may come and buy just tissue paper but may like the place if the service rendered was impressive.
2. Retaining customers is a major goal of every community pharmacy. Some customers only comes to buy add on and periodically, drugs.
3. Some community pharmacy rents a whole shop close to the pharmacy shop just to sell these adds on. Since it is illegal to advertise community pharmacy, they promote the other shop commonly called a supermarket. Since the name of the supermarket may be bearing same name with the community pharmacy and close by, it is an indirect sure way of advertising the company. When the supermarket grows in sales, it will positively influence the pharmacy because the supermarket sales package may also contain the name of the pharmacy.
Read Also: How To Open A Community Pharmacy Shop In Nigeria
4. For some years now, sorting for change to give to customers after buying certain things is a problem. To bypass this, some community pharmacy decides to sell some add on that are of lower cost. They don't sell it to customers who come with big denomination because they are just there to generate change for the main business. Also, when there is no change, some customers prefer to buy non drug products than a drug because they hate drugs. A good example is recharge card business. Some customers sometimes wants to buy credit card to call the person that sent them before making purchase. Allowing them to go out to buy that card can lead to them leaving for another community pharmacy close to where they bought the card. In many cases, they will not buy the card again and go.
Share On Social Media With Family And Friends To Show You Care!

Comments

  1. Keep functioning ,impressive job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I am inspired!

    Very useful info specially the last section :) I deal with such
    info a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
    My website addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you might be interested feel free to send me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog
    by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting
    anywhere, when i read this post i thought i could also make comment due to this sensible piece
    of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.
    I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come
    back sometime soon. I want to encourage you to continue your great writing,
    have a nice morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much pertaining to giving me an update on this subject on your site.
    Please be aware that if a brand-new post becomes available or if
    perhaps any variations occur about the current post, I would be interested in reading more and learning how to make
    good use of those techniques you talk about. Thanks for your
    efforts and consideration of people by making this website available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I've really enjoyed
    surfing around your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing for your feed and I'm
    hoping you write once more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not refrain from commenting. Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I sincerely enjoyed studying it. This
    article procured by you is very useful for accurate planning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got this site from my buddy who told me on the topic of this web page and at the moment this time I am browsing
    this site and reading very informative articles at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to be a visitor of this utter website, thanks for this rare info!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made some nice points there. I did a search on the subject and found most guys will agree with your
    site.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I web-site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling magnificent , appreciate it
    for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous01 May, 2019

    Greate article. Keep posting such kind of
    info on your blog. Im really impressed by your site.[X-N-E-W-L-I-N-S-P-I-N-X]Hi there,
    You've performed a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and for my part
    recommend to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this website.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous02 May, 2019

    Wow! Thank you! I continuously needed to write on my site something like that.
    Can I include a fragment of your post to my site?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous04 May, 2019

    I went over this site and I believe you have
    a lot of wonderful info, saved to bookmarks (:.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous04 May, 2019

    I?m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that?s both equally educative and interesting, and let
    me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The issue
    is something too few men and women are speaking intelligently
    about. I'm very happy I found this in my search for something relating to
    this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous04 May, 2019

    I like this web site it's a master piece! Glad I found this
    on google.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous05 May, 2019

    Great web site you have here.. It?s difficult to find
    good quality writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate people like you!
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11 May, 2019

    I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
    post was great. I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a
    famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous13 May, 2019

    I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I certainly loved every little bit of it.

    I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous13 May, 2019

    Appreciate it for all your efforts that you have put in this.
    Very interesting info.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous28 May, 2019

    It's very simple to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks,
    as I found this post at this web page.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please have your say

Consultation Service